Collaborative Law for Decree Modification

In situations where one or both of the parties circumstances have been affected to the extent that they are physically or financially unable to fulfill the requirements of the divorce decree, a modification can be sought. If, for example, one of the parties has lost a job the court may grant a temporary change in child support and/or maintenance payments. Modifications are also applicable to child custody, visitation and child support orders. Life is not static, situations are not static – when circumstances change, a modification of the original decree may be necessary.

Traditionally, modification can require several steps and be quite costly. With a collaborative approach, the two parties and their attorneys can work together in a more timely and cost efficient way to come to agreements that accommodate the various factors, whether it be unemployment, disability, child custody, visitation, child support and maintenance. 

Contact us today if you are in need of a decree modification. A collaborative approach may be the best route for your particular situation.