Modifications, or Modification of a Parent-Child Relationship are lawsuits that seek to change some detail or details from the last order or decree. 

You can request the judge to modify the “Possession and Access Schedule,” or “Parenting Time,” asking the court to give you either more time or your ex spouse less time. This process also allows for requests of reduction or increase in the amount of child support, as well as stopping or decreasing the amount of post-divorce “Spousal Maintenance,” or “Spousal Support.” Generally, there must be substantial cause for the change and proof that the current situation is not maintainable. 

If you are considering a modification to your last order or decree, contact us for a consultation so that we may help you in determining the best course of action.